Oh Barney,

02/04/2017

Oh Barney,

I woke up pretty late today. I did plan on going to sleep early and getting up early so that I could finish my presentation off pretty quick but I stayed up until about four am. You rang at about four thirty so it was a broken sleep. I still managed to call and make sure you were up for work this morning. Well I wasn't very nice when you called me so late, I cheered up though eventually. I kept asking for you to give me the list of things you would like to change about me. Change. I don't like it all that much. I was on the phone to 'D' quite a bit last night. He answered the phone three times even though he was on 'lads night'. You don't. He likes me just as I am. You don't. Yet I'm still so attached to you, why? You were so rude on the phone and you always wait until your friends are not around. This love is so disastrous. I just want to be ok but I'm still a bit heart broken. I really want the list of things you want to change about me. I might even make you a list of reasons I love you. I want us to fix this, when it's good it is really good, I'm running out of hope that this can work though. Do I give up? Do I keep going? I don't know. I just know I want you.

Is it strong to keep trying? To keep putting effort into love? To put your love first, above yourself, always?
Or is it strong to let go? To let them live peacefully without you? To let them be free from this broken bound?

Am I stronger for still trying after all this time or am I stronger by knowing it is time to let go?

Honey, you're a shipwreck,
With your heart of stone.

So while I wait for my list. Here is yours.

Reasons I Love You, Barnaby:
-I love the way you light up a room, with your charm.
-I love the way you don't try at anything but happen to be good at everything.
-I love the way you know me.
-I love that you carved a C out of a table, for me, and painted it.
-I love the way you paint.
-I love the way you call me beautiful.
-I love how forgiving you are.
-I love how nonchalant and calm you are.
-I love how you barely have emotions but you've shown me more.
-I love that you carry me, when I need you too.

I could write more things I love. I could write a list like mine, where it's all flaws. I don't though. I see past your flaws and love you regardless. There is more to people than a list of things to change so you get a list of things I like. Well we are so tragic, aren't we? I love you though. You are my sunshine. You are beautiful. I miss you.

Love always,
Always yours, C.

Comments

Popular Posts