Hiya Barney,

29/07/2017

Hiya Barney,

It is only hours since I last wrote to you. At the early hours of this day, here is a thought... Maybe I feel so lonely because I surround myself with rubbish people. Once again, my busy friends found time for each other. While they are too busy to call me because they are going to bed, they are still able to go hang out with each other? I give up on you all. You selfish, ignorant creatures.

C.

And then, at 01:39, when I felt most alone, you called. You called for no reason other than to talk to me, you asked what was wrong, you called. You called at the most necessary time, when I gave you up, when I gave up on everyone, you called. Maybe it was by the grace of God, a blessing or a miracle. As my eyes grow tears, I write this. I love you, always and forever. You burden my heart and unburden it all at once. You, my light, my sunshine, give me a last shimmer of faith when I fear there is none.

Maybe our hearts are so connected, our souls are so entwined, that you just knew I needed your light.

Thank you, thank you for your drunken calls, thank you for wanting to talk to me. Enjoy Scotland.

Thank you,
C.

Comments

Popular Posts